Tuesday 30 June 2020

MARRIAGE WAS ON MY MIND REGARDLESS...







I liked Ifeanyi so much and I was sure that he loved me. He was so cool headed and this really attracted me to him because you can say that I am a bit lousy. You know the popular saying that lousy people should date or get married to gentle people right? That was what I thought. He seemed to be just perfect for me, or at least so I thought.

My friendly and lousy nature doesn't mean that my head is not correct. Lol. So what I am trying to say is that although I am loud and friendly, I take somethings very serious and you will discover these things later. Ifeanyi had shown interest in me from the very first day we met and in fact he was ready to go meet my parents after two weeks. I told him to take things slowly because we hadn't gotten to know each other well and he had not given me the opportunity to decide if I wanted to be with him or not. 

I was love sick but I knew that it was highly necessary for me to be careful about my choice of a husband. I had had some good experiences with men but I had also had some 'not so good' experiences that I didn't want a repetition of. Ifeanyi had some traits that I wasn't comfortable with but I was beginning to overlook these things even though they are at the core of what I believe. 

Like I said earlier, he is a truly sweet guy and he has plenty money. Ladies would love that right? But he smokes and drinks...He believes in God but doesn't have a relationship with Him so I can't even call him a Christian. Now, apart from the fact that I grew up in a Christian home, I have come to know God for myself and I have a great relationship with him. I already saw signs that it wasn't wise to go ahead with Ifeanyi but I ignored the signs. I was in love and that was all that mattered to me.

In less than a month of meeting Ifeanyi, I said yes to him. He liked to go to the club but I did not have a club lifestyle so I couldn't go with him. He always opted for an alcoholic drink when we went out and although at first I couldn't stand the smell, I started getting used to it. We had so many differences but we loved each other and decided to overlook these differences.

To be continued...

Thanks a bunch for stopping by and reading. We hope to see you next week. God bless you and please keep staying safe.

OneLove,

SomzyBrown.

1 comment: