Tuesday 9 June 2020

WHY ON EARTH DID HE LEAVE? 2





Meeting Prof. Jacob Omololu was the best thing that happened to me. He took me as his son and constantly pointed me in the right direction. He became the father figure that I had always looked forward to having. He taught me a lot of things and it felt really good to have a good man like  him in my life. As you will recall, there was no male figure in my life that I could look up to because my dad left when I was much younger and my uncles were corrupt and had really bad characters. So my relationship with Prof. Omololu changed my life and helped me make the right decisions. He made a lot of sacrifices and showed me love even when I disagreed with some of his advices. However, I would save the long story for another time. 

My relationship with Prof. Omololu changed my life and even till date I still call him to seek his advice or opinion on certain issues even though I am now married. Now that I am married and I have my own kids, I have made it a point of duty to have sincere conversations with not just my daughters but my sons as well. It is my duty to educate them and bring them up in the right way. I could have gone astray, I could have made costly mistakes but for my mum and the privilege of meeting Prof. Omololu and the positive impact he made in my life.

Not only have I decided to train my children properly, I have also decided to help other young boys around me. Some of them do not have fathers (due to death or abandonment). Some others have fathers but their fathers are not people that they can emulate. I have started with my son and his friends, I treat them like my sons and encourage them to be good boys. I also make sure I lead by good example. I have nothing to hide from them and with wisdom I ensure that I say the right things at the right time and in the right way. 

The truth is that boys need people to emulate and when I say people, I mean (fellow men). The ladies do a lot of this and it is rare to find a woman who would leave her children. However, many men leave their families, some cheat on them to be with other women, some just decide to be too busy to be involved in the lives of their kids, some are ignorant of the great role they can play in their children's lives etc.

Having a good male mentor is important for the male child. This is important where a boy does not have a father present in his live or where he has a father who is bad and toxic, or he has a father that he cannot be open/free with. See the picture below for clarity. Boys/Guys/Men need real mentors. There are real issues that are common with the male gender and it is helpful and useful to have someone point them in the right direction. 

If you have a father that you can't talk to, look for good and godly men in your church, office or around you that can mentor you. This is highly important! Also if you know you are capable and a real man, be open and willing to help the young men around you. With training and mentoring the boy child, guy, men, we can make the world a better place.

Every child is important! The male child is as important as the female child and if there is a need for the female child to be well trained, mentored and brought up, then there is a strong need for the male child to have a similar experience.

Thanks a lot for stopping by and we hope this helped in some way.

OneLove,

SomzyBrown.


No comments:

Post a Comment