Tuesday 7 June 2022

THIRD PARTY - YAAY OR NAAY? 2



A call came in late last week and the first question I got asked was how I deal with conflicts in my marriage and whether I have Mentors that I can talk to when there are certain serious issues going on in my marriage. This call and conversation was funny because unknown to this person, I had begun this conversation on my blog last week. 

The way the Holy Spirit works is very funny and this was a confirmation to me that this topic is very essential, in fact highly essential. It is one that many people shy away from and some others do not see the need to even bring this up but guess what? A lot of people battle with this conversation in their inner minds so I guess it's good we are talking about it. 

I had a long conversation with this person and we both agreed that there are certain times that partners will need to involve a third party in their relationship or marriage and this is where the issue at hand is really serious and both parties have been unable to resolve it. However, we also agreed that it is better or more preferable for this conversation to be with a couple and one that both parties can connect with and freely have conversations with.

From the above, I am sure you already know where I stand on this. As much as I wouldn't recommend running to a mentor everytime there's an issue, I will highly suggest that you talk to a mentor or a couple that you and your spouse are comfortable with when there are serious issues. It's like going for counselling. Please do not speak to people that are likely to take sides with either you or your spouse. You need people that will be transparent and sincere with you both and tell you the areas you need to work on and practical steps to take without taking sides. 

No marriage is perfect but I strongly believe that the ills and hurts that exist in some marriages and which has even led to divorce in some cases could have been avoided if both parties had someone (or a couple) that they could talk to and listen to) and if they had sought their opinion or advice on that main issue that they were facing.

I will once again say that a third party in a marriage is adviceable but only when necessary and this should not be an everytime thing. You both know the issues that you are struggling with and have not been able to resolve, please prayerfully select who to talk to about it. 

Thank you so much for stopping by and to that person who called and made me realize this was a much needed topic even after I had posted it, thank you and God bless you. My beautiful readers, God bless you all. Have a blessed week.

OneLove,

SomzyBrown. 


 

2 comments:

  1. Well said sisπŸ‘ . Thanks for being consistent πŸ™Œ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww thank you so much Sis
      Thanks for your support. I really do appreciate

      Delete