Tuesday 22 June 2021

THE GREATEST MISTAKE I WILL NEVER FORGET! 2


Francis and I were lovers to the core. Everyone who knew us together could sense something was different about us. Francis was not perfect (no one is) but he was everything I wanted in a man. I loved him and it was obvious that he loved me too. My parents were happy with my decision to be in a relationship with Francis and so I already knew that by the time we were ready to get married, there wasn't going to be an issue at least not on my family's side. They had met him a couple of times and really liked him.

We kept building our relationship and everything was going smoothly until a close friend of mine decided to start saying somethings. She did not speak negatively about Francis but she began to tell me things about her boyfriend/fiance which made me start the comparison game. I say this with sadness because I have always been a preacher of 'no comparison'. I believe that people are different and many times you do not have the full story so you can't afford to compare yourself, your relationship or marriage to that of another person. Even if you have the full story, please always say no to comparison'.

Unfortunately, I began to see Francis in another light. He had not done anything wrong but because he wasn't doing the things that my friend's fiance was doing, my attitude changed towards him. I became so cold and everytime he asked for what was wrong, I ignored him. Things got so bad in our relationship that we had to break it off. 

It was after this breakup that I realised my friend had been lying to me about the things  she said her fiance was doing. Gosh! How stupid was I to have allowed a lie affect what was sweet to me? How could I even begin to treat my boyfriend in a terrible manner based on what was allegedly going on in my friend's relationship.

Even if all that my friend said about her boyfriend was true, it wasn't enough reason for me to start acting cold towards Francis. He is a good man and does not deserve any of the things I did to him. He was being the best in the way that he could and I had no issue whatsoever with him because he was just perfect for me. I totally regret allowing what my friend claimed was going on in her relationship to affect my relationship and this is something that I regret till today.

This period was a tough one for me. How unwise could I have been? I thought of going to apologise to Francis and to see if we could come back but I was too ashamed to do that. "Will Francis render a listening ear? Will he even reconsider me despite how badly I treated him? Should I tell him why my attitude changed towards him?" These thoughts ran through my mind.

To be continued.. 

Thank you so much for stopping by. We hope to see you soon by God's grace.

OneLove,

SomzyBrown 


2 comments: