Tuesday 15 June 2021

THE GREATEST MISTAKE I WILL NEVER FORGET!



You know what they say about Godsent people right? They do the things you always prayed for or imagined without giving you any form of stress. I had that experience and at the time I didn't understand why this person came into my life but I knew for a fact that he was Godsent.

Francis and I met during the course of an event. I am very outgoing but Francis seemed like a very shy person. We sat on the same table and he didn't even utter a word to anyone. Everyone engaged in chit-chats but this guy was just quiet. I wondered what kind of a guy he was but I decided to overlook and focus on the event we came for. It was a tech event so the speeches and presentations made me very excited and kept me occupied.

After the event, Francis was nowhere to be found. At the time, I didn't even know his name. I was about to pick up my bag when I noticed that there was another bag (masculine) on the table. Some of the guys who sat on my table were still around so I asked if it belonged to any of them but they all answered in the negative. While I was asking, Francis stood behind me as if he was waiting for me to conclude my talk with the guys. He then said "You have my bag ma'am". Ha this guy that had not said a word to anyone. I replied "oh okay, I saw it laying on the table and decided to look for the owner by asking people around". He was grateful for this kind gesture and asked if I could walk him down to the entrance as he was about leaving. I did. Did I mention that he was really handsome and soft spoken? Oh yes, he was/is.

We got to the entrance and he asked for my number. There's no harm in meeting new people right? I gave it to him without any form of hesitation. Gone are the days when people 'do shakara' when they ask for your number right? Well, I thought so. We got talking, got really close and I knew that I liked him. I don't know why shy people always take their time to ask the person that they like/love to be in a relationship with them. This was my experience with Francis. It was obvious that he liked me but for a few months he did not say anything about it. He enjoyed our friendship and conversations but that seemed to be all he was saying. 

After about five (5) months of me being sure that I'll get into a relationship with this guy, he decided to ask me out. Praise the Lord! Halleuyah! Trust me now, I pretended like I wasn't expecting it and took my time before saying yes to him. Anyway. I finally said yes to him and we began our relationship journey. 

To be continued...

Thanks a lot for stopping by. We hope you had a good read and we hope to see you soon.

OneLove,

SomzyBrown.

2 comments: