Tuesday 29 June 2021

COMPARISON CAUSED ME MORE HARM...


I was scared that Francis wouldn't give me a chance. I pushed him away when he came asking that we make things work  even though I had no reason to do that. Our issue was solely because of my stupid decision but he still made attempts and I was foolish to push him away.

This event broke me so badly and till today I regret allowing comparison affect my relationship. Francis and I would have made a perfect couple to be honest. I always looked forward to the day that we would get married but that's all in the past now. I've shared this story to plead with and advice you based on my experience. Please don't ever compare your life, relationship, marriage to that of any one. Whether or not you have the full story, please restrain from this act. I'm actually pleading with you.

Comparison does more harm than good and it makes you think that there is something better happening outside your life or situation. Yes the things going on in other people's lives, relationships, marriages might be sweet and interesting but it's not enough to make you make rash decisions. Be grateful for what you have and your position. Admire other people but do not compare yourself to them.  

Many people fail to understand that people most times do not show the struggles and hard times that they go through. We look at the 'fun' 'good things' happening around people and we judge based on that which should not be. If you knew the secrets and events behind the scene of some people's lives, you will be grateful for your life and not compare it to that of another. Also let me say that even if people do not have bad sides or challenges, you still do not have a reason to compare yourself or events to theirs. You are unique and different so please face your life and guard it well.

Francis's girlfriend learnt the hard way but she got the necessary lesson and won't make such a mistake again. I really hope that by following her story, you have also learnt one or two things.

Thank you so much for stopping by. God bless you real good.

OneLove,

SomzyBrown.

No comments:

Post a Comment