Tuesday 30 March 2021

HOW DO I SPOT RED FLAGS? 2



Hello beautiful people and welcome back to our blog. Thank you so much for reading and sharing with your friends. I can't thank you enough for all your support. 

Last week, we began talking about the fact that many people are unable to spot red flags or determine what's wrong in their relationship. We shall continue with this this week and I hope that you learn a lot from it.


 3. When they are emotionally reckless on a regular basis:  Now I am not talking about a once in a year thing, I mean every single week he or she has an emotional break down. Please beware! Someone told me "I saw during our courtship when ever we played table tennis, he hits the bat on the table,  and gets angry, he punches the wall every single week" but she overlooked it. Heads up! At some point, you might become the wall. So address the mess, this is a red flag here. MAKE SURE THERE IS A CONVERSATION BEFORE A CONSUMMATION!! 


4. They cut off their good and godly close friends just to be with you and they expect you to do the same… heads up! They tell you..."We are  going to stop all our godly friends from coming close to us". Infact they stop you from going to church or home cell, and they just want it to be all about them. For instance, I have people who were my friends before marriage and who are still my friends till now and the same applies to my husband. Imagine that I had to cut off these good people because of him or he had to cut off his friends because of me, it wouldn't have been nice. A healthy relationship should not isolate you from godly friends, instead it should respect and nurture godly relationships. You will need to take a deep thought and address this if it applies to you.

5. They worship the narcissistic trinity of 'me, myself and I: During conversations, you'll notice that everything is all about them, they never listen to you or your feelings. HEAD UP! So he or she always has a lot to say about himself/herself and doesn’t even bother to ask you about you... you keep doing the talking about yourself and you know nothing about them - this is a red flag. Have a conversation, the relationship is supposed to be balanced. It has to be about you both and not about one person. Don’t sweep it under the rug and think it will disappear when you get married. Please address the mess!

6. They never apologise or admit they are wrong: Now this is a big one, if he/she can't say sorry for talking to you like that, or he/she says "that is not a big deal just let it go", or they say "you are just being overly sensitive, get over it"…please hold on. If the pride or ego in them wont let them say sorry that is a red flag. 

7. Their parents are overly involved in every decision they take: this is a serious red flag! You are 28 or older and your mum and dad are still making decisions for you, then it means that you are still a bouncing baby boy/girl. I am not saying that you can't ask for wisdom or advice from your parents, ofcourse you can! But please you're old enough to take certain steps and decisions and they shouldn't control and decide everything for you. Shine your eyes friends!

Mosope Benson

Thank you so much for stopping by, God bless you real good. 

OneLove,

SomzyBrown.


No comments:

Post a Comment