Tuesday 15 September 2020

WHAT'S WRONG WITH TALKING ABOUT GENOTYPE?



Tayo: My guy, how you dey na? How that babe wey you dey follow yarn? (My friend how are you doing? How is that lady that you said you were interested in getting into a relationship with?)

Tunde: Tayo please forget about her. This whole relationship matter is just very tiring. One moment you think you have finally met the woman of your dreams only for that same lady to disappoint you. 

Tayo: Disappoint? How? I thought you said she also liked you?

Tunde: Well I thought so as well. We were catching up with ourselves one day and I asked her for her genotype. She got so upset and decided that she won't talk to me again. Please is it wrong to ask for the genotype of someone you are interested in? Derin is a good lady but what she did surprised me.

Tayo: Are you being serious right now? Derin did that? There's nothing wrong in asking for the genotype of someone you are interested in getting into a relationship with. I am really appalled that Derin would do such. 

Tunde: Mr brother, I never expected such from her too. In this day and age who does that? Who has issues with being asked about genotype? Isn't it even better to know before you get into a relationship so as to avoid surprises when you are already deeply in love? I've heard of stories of people who failed to have this conversation before they got into a relationship and did not even talk about it at the beginning of the relationship. They waited till they were very intimate before discussing it and they realised that they both had the AS genotype. It was extremely difficult to break the relationship they had built for years but they had to. This led to so much bitterness and I don't want that to happen to me.

Tayo: Can you imagine that? That's why it is important to have these conversations even before you get into a relationship. It's not enough to see someone that you love or you're compatible with, does your genotype match? I personally cannot take this risk. I know that there are certain people who by faith got married to someone that they were not medically compatible with but it is a risk that I'm not willing to take. If a lady wants to get angry and stop talking to me because of that, she is more than allowed to but that wouldn't stop me from asking. I don't even think anyone should be upset about genotype questions.

Tunde: I was so surprised Tayo. I know what my uncle and his wife had to go through because of this ignorance. They had a child who had the SS genotype and because of the struggles she went through, she hated her parents for a long time. I don't think I want to put any of my children in such position. This is something that can be avoided so why take the risk? Tayo, you know how I am when it comes to relationships, I put in my best. I don't want to be so committed only to realise that it can't work.

Tayo: We are on the same page my dear friend. I'm so sorry to hear that Derin did this but hopefully you will get a better lady and one that wouldn't have any issue with such pertinent question. 

Tunde: Amen! I hope so because some ladies these days are just full of surprises. It is well though...

To be continued...

Thank you so much for stopping by. We hope this conversation is not one that you have a problem with as a lady or a guy? Please let us know what you think about this.

OneLove,

SomzyBrown.

No comments:

Post a Comment