Tuesday 3 March 2020

THE STALKING STALKER MAN! 2




Please read last week's post so as to follow this series

...

At the beginning of my final semester, I had an appointment with the vice president of my fellowship, a petite lady we refer to as Mama, concerning the forth coming cultural Sunday. She wanted me to bake the cake for the event and had planned for us to meet to discuss on the cost involved.
As I approached the fellowship secretariat, I saw a white Ford parked in the compound. Some of the fellowship members were hanging around and I was wondering what was going on. When I tried to open the door, it was locked. I heard loud voices inside. I knocked. The treasurer opened the door and allowed me in.

Right there in the center of the room, Joshua was on his knees. A woman who bore a striking resemblance to Lola stood close to a pot-bellied man. Lola stood at a corner, staring at the floor. There was a police officer in front of Joshua. "Stand up. We are going to the police station." The policeman said, his hands firmly by his side. Mama went on her knee, pleading with the police officer. I joined her. Soon, the fellowship excos were pleading with Lola’s parents. Joshua remained on his knees, tears running down his face. "Why will a responsible young man be following my daughter up and down like a dog." Lola’s father barked. Lola’s mother clapped her hand. "Lola is our only child. We will not take this nonsense!"

The fellowship president stood in front of Lola’s father. "Please sir, Have mercy on him. They are both members of this fellowship and we are assuring you that this will not happen again." Lola moved close to her father and wrapped her hand around his waist. He glanced down at her and you could easily tell that he adored her. "Dad, please let him go." He turned his gaze to Joshua. "If I hear that you come close to my daughter again, you will regret that you were ever born."

Outside a small crowd had gathered. Most of them were the fellowship members. They talked in whispers, watching Lola’s parents leave the secretariat. Joshua was in my room that evening. He looked so beaten as he lay quietly on my bed. He didn’t eat the food I made even though it was his favourite. Later that night, he returned to his room.
When we got to the gate of his hostel, I tried to cheer him up. "You’ll be fine." I whispered.

For some weeks, Joshua’s story trended in the fellowship but soon everybody forgot about the incident. After my defence, I got ready to say farewell to my undergraduate life. Joshua was in my room the eve of my departure, as I packed my belongings into my big box. "Yesterday, during my devotion, that incident with Lola flashed back and I had to ask myself, how did I get that far? What I did was horrible." Joshua said as he rolled my mattress and tied it with a rope. "I’m glad you learnt your lesson. That fear of losing what we so desperately desire can cause us great embarrassment. The best is to trust God to bring our desires to fulfilment."

"I sent her an apology letter. She responded. She said she was sorry for embarrassing me. I wanted to reply and let her know that it was all my fault. But I felt going back and forth with letters will just resurrect the old feelings." I smiled. "God will lead you to the right person." "Big sis, marriage is the last thing on my mind now. My focus is to grow in my relationship with God and develop myself. Did I tell you I registered for a programming course?" "Really? That’s very cool." He smiled. "Yeah. I want to build my tech career and just get a life. I’m not sure I want to think of a relationship for a long time. Maybe I won’t even marry."

To be continued...

Thank you so much for stopping by, we will continue next week by God's grace.  Till then, stay blessed and have a wonderful week.

OneLove,

SomzyBrown.

No comments:

Post a Comment