Tuesday 10 March 2020

THE STALKING STALKER MAN! 3




Kindly read the previous write-ups so that you are able to follow

....

That was nine years ago. Yesterday evening, I delivered a cake to one of my distant cousins whose mother-in-law was to clock 60 in about a week. When I entered her house with the cake, Joshua was sitting on the sofa in a white t-shirt and jean. I almost didn’t recognize him because of his afro and the beards that lined his jaw. "Joshua!" I screamed in excitement. We hugged. We had lost touch since my parents moved from Lagos to Osogbo and I travelled out for my Master’s degree. My cousin just stood there, watching us.

 "Sis Lizzy, I have missed you. Look at how fresh you are. So you reside here in Abuja?" Joshua asked. "Yeah. My husband was transferred here few months ago. Joshua, You just forgot about me ehn. "Joshua chuckled. ‘I’ve been trying to reach you. I’m so sorry.’
"Are you based here too?" He shook his head. "No, my fiancée lives here." It was then I noticed an elegant lady sitting beside him. I froze.
"Lola!"

The lady smiled and rushed to my side. Memories of the incident at the secretariat returned and I couldn’t hold back the laughter. I stared long at her and looked at Joshua. "I can’t believe this!" "We are getting married in two months." Joshua said.
My mouth opened. Lola held Joshua’s hand. "Yes ma’am. And you are invited to our wedding." She reached into her bag and brought out a wedding card.

"How did this happen?" Joshua narrated how he had met Lola at the NYSC orientation camp. He was standing on the queue for registration when she called his name. He’d been shocked to see her. "The experience at the secretariat was still fresh in my mind. I just said hi and looked straight ahead." Lola rolled her eyes playfully at him. "I felt hurt when he reacted that way. He avoided me throughout the orientation camp. I was really upset." Joshua turned to Lola. "Remember the day we met at the mammy market, I was eating when you brought your food and sat beside me."You wouldn’t even look at me and you answered me in monotones. I cried that night."

I smiled, sitting down curious. "Were you already having feelings for him?" Lola nodded. "I started having those feelings towards the end of 300 level, but I knew there was no way Joshua would ever talk to me. When I saw him at the orientation camp, I felt God wanted to give us a fresh start. But Joshua didn’t give me the chance." I chuckled. "You can’t blame him." Joshua leaned forward. "When we ended up in the NCCF family house, I knew there was no way I could avoid her anymore. I saw her every day. During the morning devotion, at the bible study, in the kitchen, on my way to my p.p.a. We just kept bumping into each other."

"He was the reason I left the family house for my own apartment. My pillow can testify to those wet nights. When he kept ignoring me, I pleaded with God to take the feelings away but he was so stuck in my heart and I was frustrated. I tried getting into another relationship just to distract myself but I was out in a couple of weeks. It was worse because I kept seeing him at the family house when we had our meetings."
Joshua squeezed her hand and smiled. "I can’t even remember how we became friends." Lola laughed. "I can’t forget. Rural rugged. We sat beside each other on our way to Gangara. We talked about the incident."
"Yes I remember!" Joshua exclaimed.

My cousin clapped her hand. "This is interesting. Lola, you didn’t gist me your love story like this o."
Lola giggled. "The day I introduced Joshua to my parents, I was so scared. But they didn’t even recognize him. With his muscles and beards, he’d changed. Mum loved him the moment she set her eyes on him. It was long into the preparation for the wedding that I reminded then of that incident. My parents were shocked at first and then they laughed about it."

Joshua looked into Lola’s eyes. "She is the best thing that ever happened to me." Lola covered her face with her hands.  "I’m blushing."
I stared at these beautiful souls, mesmerized. I stood up to leave. It was almost time to pick up my kids. As I drove out, I thought of how beautiful life would turn out if we run with God’s plan only as he gives us instructions per time.
**

The writer also wrote some other things encouraging everyone to be patient and to seek God's phase concerning every decision.

Thank you so much for following us through on this series, some of the lessons we can learn are: You do not need to show everyone that you are a loverboy/lovergirl; the fact that God has told you something about who your spouse is, does not mean you should start stalking the person. You need to ask for wisdom and direction.

OneLove,

SomzyBrown.

No comments:

Post a Comment