Tuesday 25 February 2020

THE STALKING STALKER MAN!



I was washing my clothes at the back of the hostel when I heard some sisters from my fellowship talking about a brother. His name is Joshua. I was in 400level when Joshua got admission into my school. We lived in the same area in Lagos and his mother had assigned me the duty of a guardian. I had to leave home before the resumption date to help him with the registration process.

It was such a relief to discover that I didn’t have to chase Joshua around or worry about bad peer influence. Joshua came to the university a vibrant Christian. For an eighteen-year-old boy, his maturity amazed me. He had been saved right from his early years in the secondary school and had been on fire for God ever since. When he joined us in NIFES, the campus fellowship I attended, he immediately became part of the prayer team.

What was this about him desperately pursuing a sister in the fellowship? I wondered as I walked towards the clothing line to spread my clothes. When the ladies saw me, they scurried away. As I wrung out my clothes and hung it up to dry, I silently hoped this wasn’t about Lola.

A year after Joshua got into school, he told me God revealed to him that Lola was going to be his wife. He shared with me his convictions, the scriptures and his intention of letting her know how he felt. I’d told him to be patient and he hadn’t said anything about her since then. The following day, as I approached the faculty of engineering, Lola ran towards me. "Sister Lizzy, please wait." I stopped. Immediately, I sensed this had to do with Joshua. She stood in front of me, clearly upset.

"Please, tell Bro Joshua to stop stalking me." I stared at her, shocked. Stalking! Has it gotten to that? "Are you sure of what you are saying?"
"Yes! I’m tired. I have told him I am not interested in a relationship with him. What part of that does he not understand? I was reading in the faculty of social sciences, he showed up. I moved to pharmacy, he appeared. I went to education, the same thing. He hangs around my hostel, shouting my name every time I walk pass. Twice, my roommates told me he came looking for me. I just want him off my back!"
"I didn’t know about this. I’m so sorry. I’ll talk to him."

When Joshua showed up in my room that evening, I lashed out at him. "How can you be following Lola around? What’s that nonsense?’
"But I heard God. I knew what God said to me."
"You didn’t hear God! You are just obsessed about her. Your mind is deceiving you. This is not how God works. She said she is not interested. Let her go. You even follow her to her night classes, Joshua. It’s irritating. For goodness sake, what is wrong with you?"

Joshua sat on my bed with his head bowed. I thought I had talked sense into his head. What I didn’t know was that my words were as if I had placed a basket under a running tap.

TO BE CONTINUED...

The above is a story we came across and decided to share. We will continue next week but in the meantime you can begin to think of what Joshua did wrong or right. Thanks a lot for stopping by. God bless you all.

OneLove,

SomzyBrown.

No comments:

Post a Comment