Tuesday 9 October 2018

THE "NOTHING" SYNDROME

Woman holding lamp, man holding box with sports equipment


I am in a relationship with this beautiful and lovely girl who seemed perfect when we first met. I love her so much but there is a problem that I am unable to understand. She seems to always be in a mood and so far she has only shared few moments of happiness with me. I am concerned about her and I always think there is something wrong with her so I try to help her get out of it. I have done everything within my power to help her come out of it but there is another problem. Everytime I try to ask what the problem is or what exactly she is going through, she either gives me a silent treatment or says "nothing... "

"Nothing" has been a continuous response from Jumoke and the most annoying thing ever. How do you help someone come out of something that you know nothing about? At numerous times I have shown and asked for what the problem is but each time, I got no response. I thought I had gained her trust and that she could talk to me about anything. Also, we are in a relationship, so she should trust me right?? Am I not allowed to know what my girlfriend is going through? She constantly gets into a mood and if I am being sincere, it is tiring. In fact, I am tired!

I am not a mind reader so how will I be able to help or sympathise with her when I am lost and clueless as to what the problem with my girlfriend is. She appears to expect a lot more from me. She expects me to know that when she is in a mood of different shapes and sizes, she has lost something dear to her or someone made jest of her or she just saw a result which is discouraging etc. The question is: am I a magician? No, I am not. Sometimes I think it is because she is tired of me or the relationship but then I don't even know because she never says what the problem is.

NB: Guys, a lady would most times say nothing is wrong when something is wrong and this is a mystery that I also do not understand. However, many times when she says there's nothing wrong, it might just take a little soft heartedness and patience to get her to talk. As ladies, we know that we say this but we do not want to be judged when we do because we believe "That's the way we are". However, the only constant thing is change so this is a problem that every lady needs to work on.

Ladies, please we all need to note that men are not mind readers. We need to voice out (not rudely) when we need one thing or the other from our spouses or when we are going through a bad experience. This is one major issue that many men have with their spouses. The ladies expect the men to know what is wrong with them even when they have not given a hint and the man is there thinking about what he might have done to her and wondering why she would not tell him about whatever she is going through.

To be continued...

Thanks for stopping by and we hope to see you next week.

OneLove,

SomzyBrown 

2 comments:

  1. Very interesting piece. The love language between two lovers need to connect. Ladies should not be overly expectant that their man should understand them exactly as they are at the onset of their relationship. At times, they expect their man to communicate and relate with them just like the relationship they have built with their father and male siblings over a long time.

    They need to understand that background differs and language differs. It will take time for both to come to the same level of communication. Time and understanding is crucial.

    ReplyDelete