Tuesday 24 April 2018

Desires - Marriage - Core Values 2

Newlyweds hugging by limo
 
Marriage is very deep and everyone knows it.  The people who say it is not, do not mean what they say because if they look deeply, they will discover that it is not something to joke with. It is a joyful thing to get married (no doubts) but I think the joy only comes when you are with the right person. Being with the right person makes the marriage a pleasant and blissful one. There will be challenges, (but of course) however it will be easily sorted out.
 
 
Like you might imagine, the idea of getting married to Tunde made me think deeply about my life.  He was quite persistent but I was not ready to forego my values and principles because I wanted to get married. He is a good, caring and loving person and everyone who has met him says that about him but each time I imagined us being married, I thought about a lot of things. The truth is that no matter how good a person is, once there is a particular aspect that you know you cannot cope with, it is not adviceable to go on. Going on would mean taking a risk and you really do not want to take that risk. 
 
There were many things that he wanted me to engage in  even before marriage (things that I might not be able to state here) and I told him that such could not happen. These things to other people might be  a walk over but for me it wasn't. I was not ready to change or compromise the things that are important to me because I really wanted to get married. 
 
Apart from Tunde, some other people have shown interest in me but one thing or the other has made it impossible for me to see myself get married to them. I am not trying to discriminate and I never will but really, the people that have come my way so far are not people that fit. If it is not religion/faith clash it is the clash of principles. If it is not anger issues it is... it has been one thing or the other  but I am hopeful. Sometimes I wonder if I am doing something wrong or surrounding myself with the wrong people but I do not think so. Yes,  I totally agree that no body is perfect but somethings are possible. I believe it is possible to meet that man that is just perfect for you.

 I have gotten tempted several times to drop my values and just go for whatever comes my way but on a second thought, I have decided to hold on to them. If it was about things like- height, dressing, stature, I could easily change my mind but when it comes to things that define my person, I would not yield to letting them go. If these values were wrong or bad, maybe I will have a second thought but they are not so I will stick with them till someone who shares the same or similar values comes.
 
I really do not want to get married out of desperation and it is not even right to do so. I desire to be married and to be happy in my marriage and I am sure this will happen soon. It's been hard and not very encouraging  but I am not giving up. One thing I know is that 'he' will surely come and at the right time. 

If by any chance you have felt this way, know that you are not alone. It pays not to compromise especially the things that define you because you might end up with regrets. As long as your values, principles and beliefs are right and for a good cause, do not let them go. It will surely pay in the end!

Anonymous

Thanks for stopping by and we hope to see you next week by God's grace.

OneLove,

SomzyBrown



4 comments:

  1. Olawale Adeniyi24 April 2018 at 02:09

    It certainly is essential to get married to a person who u can cope very fine with, because the essence of it all is not just getting married but staying married...
    Awesome piece ife!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Staying married! That is deep. Thank you so much dear.

      Delete
  2. Yes! So true. I had fun reading through. Such a nice piece dear. Thumps up

    ReplyDelete