Tuesday 27 March 2018

CAN I EVER LOVE OR BE LOVED??? 4

download today

I got scared everytime uncle Chinedu came around the house. I could no longer trust him or look at him as the uncle that I really liked and had great respect for. My impression about him had become bad and I was unsure that anything could change it. I tried to take the last incident off my mind but it was quite difficult. Seeing him made me remember that day and so I hated seeing him.

One Thursday morning on our way to school, mum told my sisters and I that Uncle Chinedu was going to pick us up from school. This news would normally have been a good one but at this time it was not. Rather it was one that made me shiver. While my younger ones got really excited about this, nothing but great fear gripped my heart. I asked mum why she could not pick us up by herself and although this was an unusual question, she answered by saying that she had to pay an urgent visit to my grandma who was sick.

Uncle Chinedu had promised not to hurt me and even though this was not convincing, I tried to believe him. As soon as we got home, I went straight to the room to change, prepared lunch for my younger ones and went back into my room. My immediate younger sister had noticed my cold attitude towards uncle Chinedu and wanted to know why I was acting that way. I was the closest person in our family to Uncle Chinedu but that seemed to be changing. I told her nothing was wrong and in a bid to make her believe me, I went out to play with my younger sisters and uncle Chinedu.

It was time for siesta and my sisters had soon disappeared. My younger ones had learnt to observe siesta, so the moment they finished with their lunch and home-work, they went straight to their rooms.  It was scary being left alone with uncle Chinedu in the sitting room. "What would he do this time around?". I tried to avoid any form of eye contact with him because I thought that could make him remember what he did the last time and make him think of other possible things to do to me.

I went into the kitchen to wash the dishes and clean up the mess that my younger ones had made. I enjoyed doing this alone or maybe I had just gotten used to doing it alone. While I was cleaning up, Uncle Chinedu called me and said he wanted to talk to me. "Oh! What could he possibly want to say to me." I wondered. I tried to disregard all the ugly thoughts that crossed my mind but it was hard. I was going to ignore him but then that would have been rude so I went to him. 

He started by saying "I have noticed that you have been cold towards me and I don't know why". "Was he really saying this? That he did not know why I was being cold?". Well, I remained silent while he said all he had to say. He aplogised for what happened the last time and asked me to come close for a hug but I was very reluctant. He then said "Common! It's only a hug" "Well, a hug wouldn't hurt" This was my thought while I moved close to him. 

Thanks for stopping by, we hope you enjoyed it and hope to see you next week.

OneLove,

Somzybrown

No comments:

Post a Comment