Tuesday 13 March 2018

CAN I EVER LOVE OR BE LOVED??? 2

download today

My parents prayed and fasted about this issue because for a reason best known to them, a male child just had to come forth. As a young girl, well not so young though, I saw the ferventness in their prayer and I actually silently prayed that their prayer will be answered. Did God answer their prayer? Well your guess is as good as mine! He did answer their prayer of a child but not the gender that they wanted. They tried one more time and it was a girl again. At this point, they did not need a prophet to tell them that they had to stop trying and to just thank God for the beautiful girls (4 of us) that God had blessed them with. Although quite hard, my parents had to learn to love my sisters and I and also, to be grateful for us.

Due to the fact that my mum had no male child, she always had people, especially grown up guys (or should I call them men) helping her do stuff that we (her daughters) could not do. She never lacked help and in fact, she did not really feel the effect of not having a male child. She was indeed blessed. Some people say that her beautiful girls (my sisters and I) made things easy for her because people just naturally liked us and were always willing to come to our rescue. I remember one time, mum needed to take the car out for repairs but she also did not want to leave us at home by ourselves. Mum obviously could not do both by herself and dad wasn't home either.  She called on Uncle Chinedu to help and in no time, he was at our house. He took the car out, got it repaired and brought it back in good time. Mum was so grateful for a man like Uncle Chinedu, he was indeed a blessing to her.

Dad had gotten really busy at work and so we rarely saw him. He usually left the house very early and came back late. I wonder if it was the lack of a male child that made him stay so late at work and leave the house early but he was not even there to be asked such a question. It would have been good to have him around because apart from the fact that house-keeping was a lot for mum, we also needed him to be part of our lives.

Uncle Chinedu was one of the nicest uncles that we knew. He was the one who visited our house the most. Although he was being really helpful to my mum, he ensured that he got us things whenever he was coming over. We loved him not just for the gifts but because he made life easy for us. He soon became the fatherly figure that we had lost due to dad's busy schedule. Uncle Chinedu helped with our home work from school and whenever mum was tired to drive us to school, he made sure he was available to help out.

We soon got so used to Uncle Chinedu. He was so caring person and I wondered why he was not married. I really wanted to know why a good man like uncle Chinedu was not yet married but I was not sure it was a question I wanted to ask him. "Sooner or later, you will be bold to ask him" I thought to myself. Myself and Uncle Chinedu were beginning to get close because sometimes when mum had to go out, he stayed at home with us.

Thank you so much for stopping by, we hope to see you next week as we continue with this series.

OneLove,

SomzyBrown

1 comment: