Tuesday 6 March 2018

CAN I EVER LOVE OR BE LOVED??

download today
 
My mother was and still is the most wonderul person that you can ever meet. She takes on people's problems and issues like they are hers and even at the most difficult situation, she ensures that she finds a solution. She was and still is such a blessing not just to her family members but to friends and even to strangers. Mum gives! She can give for Africa. She is very peaceful and this and many more I have learnt from her. She treats my friends with so much care and sometimes people think she is their mother. 
 
Growing up was all fun because of her. She was married to this very handsome and wonderful man who of course was the man of the house. They loved each other so much and this was glaring to the world. They had great plans for their home and they looked forward to actualising these plans. Before their marriage, they had both analysed and discussed on how they were going to handle their boys when they were born. They unanimously wanted two boys and were ready to raise them in the best way possible.
 
Like the saying goes: "God works in mysterious ways", this actually did come to pass in my parent's lives. God decided to bless them firstly with a beautiful girl (me). They tried their possible best to take care of me and show me love even though I wasn't really the one they were expecting. The first four years of my life was filled with a mixture of happiness and sadness. While my parents were excited that they had a child (which many of their friends did not have at that time), they were not happy that it was not a male child.
 
After four years of waiting for their 'looked forward to' boy, they got blessed with my younger sister (Ireti). Ireti was a gift to me, I do not particularly think she was a gift to my parents at that time because Ireti's birth was yet another dissapointment to them. However, she was a blessing to me because there was someone to talk to irrespective of whether she understood me. Finally I had someone to play with, even if it meant just touching her face and pulling her hands and legs. Ireti was and is very adorable, I was and I am very happy to have her as my sister.
 
As if this was not enough, my parents kept trying and hoping that the next child will be a boy.  Three (3) years later, they not so surprisingly gave birth to another beautiful sister  of mine (Bimbo). Bimbo was actually the cutest baby ever. She was beautiful in all ramifications and anyone who had her as a child was blessed to have her. But were my parents blessed or did they consider themselves blessed? Well, all they wanted was for God to compensate them by giving them a male child but since that male child wasn't coming forth, they were supposed to move on and enjoy the 3 beautiful girls that God had blessed them with, right?
 
At this point, what do you think happened? Did they get tired or did they try one more time to see if they could at least get 1 out of the 2 boys they really looked forward to having??
 
Thanks for stopping by, we hope to see you next week.
 
OneLove,
 
SomzyBrown
 

No comments:

Post a Comment