Tuesday 19 January 2021

SENSITIVITY IS LIKE GOLD, DON'T BURY IT! 2



She came visiting that day and did not say anything about it neither did she try to console me. Instead, she kept asking why I was looking unhappy and suggested I was unhappy to see her. I got so pissed but I wasn't in the mood to remind her about the fact that I had just lost a close friend/colleague. How could she be so insensitive?" 

Like we established earlier, many ladies have complained about guys being insensitive but can we take a deep look at ourselves? Are we sure we are not doing the same thing we complain about? And no! We cannot say that guys do not have emotions or do not require us to be sensitive. That's very incorrect as we can see from Tosin and Rachael's story.

One of the things that I want to improve on this year is 'sensitivity'. I want to be very sensitive to the needs of people around me but more importantly to the needs of my spouse. I want to know when to bring up an issue and when to just remain silent. I want to put into consideration his emotions regardless of what I feel like doing at that point in time.

Sensitivity is very key and this is an important area in relationships. We need to know when our spouse needs us closer and when they require a little bit of space (lol. The space should not be too much abeg). We need to know when they are happy and when they are sad. When they need advice and when they just need to be listened to.

This would require a lot of work, patience and love but it is achievable. I really pray that God will help each of us to be sensitive and more sensitive this year in our relationships and marriages. Amen!

Thank you so much for stopping by and we shall see you next week by God's grace.

OneLove,

SomzyBrown.

No comments:

Post a Comment