Tuesday 15 December 2020

JUST BEFORE MY WEDDING...I HAD A PANIC ATTACK




I was at a point in my life where I almost gave up on the possibility of ever getting into a good relationship or ever getting married. A lot has happened in my life and I am not even sure of where to begin the story from. There are so many stories about the different relationships and experiences I have had but I'll share a few with you. 

I was in a relationship with this guy named X. I referred to him as the love of my life because it appeared as though God carefully and deliberately crafted him for me. He seemed to be everything I had prayed for. Obviously, he had his bad sides (everyone does) but his good sides outweighed his bad sides. We had courted for a year plus when he said he wanted to get married to me. I was so excited about this. Everyone in my family already knew him well so there was no need for further introduction. He hadn't proposed with a ring but I wasn't bothered. I wasn't bothered because I had no reason to doubt that we were going to get married to each other. Things went on quite smoothly until a month to our wedding.

Spending time with family is something that is highly important to me. The fact that I knew I was getting married soon made me want to be with my family and spend more time with them before marriage took me away from them. On one of such days, I was busy gisting with my mum when I got a call from my fiancè. I was so excited that I left my mum's presence to receive this love call from the love of my life. His voice sounded really low and I got worried about him. "Are you fine? What's wrong? Why are you sounding like this?" were some of the questions I asked. At this point, I was worried because I thought something had gone wrong with him. I loved him too much to see him downcast and I wasn't going to have it at all. 

Just as I finished asking those questions, he gave a response. "I'm so sorry that this is happening. I am truly sorry and I hope you will find a place in your heart to forgive me..."  I couldn't move my body at this point. "Was he going to tell me that he had cheated on me? It was a month to our wedding! How would I handle hearing such a thing? Or what was he about to say to me?" These thoughts ran through my head as he spoke. 

Trying to stay calm in the midst of troubles and fears has always been my strong point so at this point, I chose to stay calm. I allowed him finish what he was about to say.

"You are an amazing person and I really wanted..."

To be continued...

Thank you so much for stopping by and we hope you enjoy the rest of the week. God bless you real good.

OneLove,

SomzyBrown.

2 comments: