Tuesday 17 November 2020

GIRLFRIEND ALLOWANCE - YAY OR NAY? 2



The issue my friend had with his 'exes' was the fact that they made him feel responsible for them. He was in the same University with one of them and she always needed one thing or the other from him. She demanded for things like it was her right not caring whether he could afford those things or not.  This got him really frustrated and that was what led to us having this discussion.

Some people that are very close to me know that I find it hard to ask people for things (especially guys) and this is because I do not think that anybody owes me anything. Even if I decide to ask you, if you say you cannot give what I have asked for then I should not take it against you because in all honesty, you owe me nothing. I have heard some ladies threaten to break up with a guy if he refuses to get them a particular thing. In my opinion, I do not think that it his responsibility to give you things or get you anything and everything. If he decides to, that is fine but should this be an ‘everytime’ occurrence?

Some ladies are also of the opinion that they should get weekly or monthly allowance from their boyfriend because he is responsible for them or for whatever reason. I am personally not in support of this because I feel the boyfriend is being given a duty that shouldn't be his. People have differing views on this and I would really love to know what you think. So please, drop your comments in the comment box and let us get some more enlightenment on this issue.

Having said that men do not have a duty to be providers for their girlfriends, it is also important to state that this is not a licence for men to be selfish or stingy. Yes, you don't have a duty to give an allowance but you're in a relationship and giving is one of the activities that must take place in a relationship. We have also established that giving is not just for the man in the relationship, it is for both parties. So as a lady, you must not only be willing to receive gifts but to give as well.

Thank you so much for stopping by and we hope to see you again next week by God's grace. Please share your honest and sincere opinions on this because apparently, many people have the same questions to ask.

OneLove,

SomzyBrown 

No comments:

Post a Comment