Tuesday 6 October 2020

IT IS OKAY TO JUST BE FRIENDS

 



Meeting people is one of the things I enjoy the most. Some people refer to me as a friendly person but it is beyond this for me, I LOVE meeting people and having conversations with them about themselves and life in general. I have met many people and I am so sure that  chapter is not over yet. I have also had many close friends whom I really appreciate and would love to remain my close friends but I have lost some friends due to one reason or the other. Some wanted something that I could not offer and vice-versa but in all, I am rest assured that the right ones have stayed and will always stay.

Now down to our main discussion – The question is – Can I be in a relationship with any and every person I admire? Must there be something ‘extra’ with every close friend I have?

Have you ever looked at someone and tried to imagine if you guys could work something out? Have you ever wondered why you never got into a relationship with that beautiful and pleasant lady or why that handsome, hardworking and good looking guy never deemed it fit to ask you out? “She is so cute! She is all I want in a lady!” you will say and this is because you admire her so much and you think you guys will make a good couple. Well, you might be right but will you always be right?  How many times have you felt this way and how many people have you felt this way towards? Good question right?

In all honesty, I have admired some people and I have thought to myself “I think we will make a good couple, God what are you saying?” or I would go – “God why can’t you just make him talk to me or say something to me”. I am quite sure that such thoughts have crossed your mind as well so we are in this together (excited!). But really, let us examine this – can we in all sincerity get into a relationship with every ‘dear’ friend that we have? Is it possible to date every beautiful lady or handsome guy that we meet?

Yes you will have many friends, yes you will meet a lot of people but can I shock you? You cannot get into a relationship with every close friend you have! You cannot be in a relationship with everyone that asks you out or shows signs that they want to be with you. The sooner you discover this, the better for you. Also the sooner you realise this, you will learn to appreciate friends and not always expect that something ‘extra’ would come out of the friendship. It is good to get married or get into a relationship with your friends but this would not happen with every single friend you have. 

I have written this article to encourage YOU not to always think of the possibility of being in a relationship with everyone you meet or come in contact with.  Please focus on building friendships because this is highly important in life. If we dated every other person, who will be our friends? If we got into a relationship with every one that asked us to get into one with them, who will be our close friends? Some people are just meant to be friends and nothing but friends and some others are meant to be close friends and nothing but close friends. Some others (very few) are meant to be more than friends and more than close friends but this is a discussion for another day. The moment we begin to take just friends for close friends, close friends for just friends and so on, we might be making terrible mistakes. So people, let us watch out and be careful!!!

Thanks for your constant support. Until we meet again next week, remain blessed.

OneLove,

SomzyBrown.


No comments:

Post a Comment