Tuesday 20 October 2020

COUPLE CRUSH - WAY TO GO?



A few years ago, I came across a celebrity couple on Instagram. They looked so adorable together and I totally fell in love with their love.

They became my couple crush🤩 and I talked about them a lot. (Well, to anyone who cared to listen). At the time, I would go to their individual pages on Instagram, just to check out their photos/videos and captions. 

I watched almost every of their wedding clip that I came across, and I will just be 'awwwwing' up and down. (Lol)

I remember my bestie and boyfriend (Now husband) got tired of me, because I was always looking for videos of them, and I would grin at the sight of it.

Fast forward to few years later, I heard that their marriage was over. Ah! This one hit me really hard.

I kept wondering how two people that looked so adorable and inseparable could go their separate ways. Like, how is it possible to look so in sync and then fall out of love?

Ever since then, I stopped having any couple crush. (I cannot put myself through the stress of high blood pressure on another person's issue). I just admire them and look away.

Moral of my story:

• You can admire a couple but don't judge your relationship by what they portray to you.

• Picture perfect doesn't mean the relationship is perfect.

• No relationship is perfect, however, you can have two people that are perfect for each other. (Pray to God to give you the one that is perfect for you).

• Don't put pressure on your partner to be like your 'couple crush' and do not compare him/her to anyone (People show you only the side they want you to see).

• Never covet another person's relationship, every relationship is unique. (Draft your relationship rule book yourselves).

• Do not pray for your relationship to be like another person's, because you never know what battle they are fighting. (Who knows, God may just grant your wish, if you are not careful).

• Instead of wishing/praying to have another person's relationship, evaluate your relationship, talk about what needs to be fixed and take it to God. (Individually and together as a couple).

He (God) is ever ready to work with an open, teachable and willing heart.

Oluwasade Oladeinde

Thank you so much for stopping by and thanks to our guest for this beautiful write-up. We hope to see you next week by God's grace. 

OneLove

SomzyBrown.

No comments:

Post a Comment