Tuesday 4 August 2020

APPRECIATING THE ONE YOU LOVE




Do you remember all the promises you made to me at the car park in our first year? How the trees waved and the crickets stridulated just to confirm they were witnesses to this union. The moments we shared under the moonlights; those simple words that helped us get through every other day?

We always knew what we wanted. We planted this love and groomed it daily, cut off behaviors and people that were like weed to us. My dear it’s our tenth year and we have remained steadfast and true to one another. To be sincere, there have been times I’ve thought of leaving this route and following some other humans that can be compared to angels, beautiful and shiny, but I’ve come to realize you are the only one that has been sent to guide my life. 

Now we are here with real life experiences. Remember the elders said we’d find out the strength of our love when we grow old? We’ve come this far already. We are older and wiser yet stronger even though we are in between jobs and not having it great. Getting married to you was the best thing that happened to me. The morning kisses, reading while I lay beside you, eating your burnt food, sharing chores, the fights and how we settle them. How you remained simple and sweet.

Do you see those wonderful kids that you bore me? They’ve brought me joy and happiness. Don’t get jealous, you remain the only one that brightens our lives. You know we are getting grey, old and weak but you’ve stayed true to those promises we made under those trees a very long time ago. 

As I listened to one of my all-time favorite song by Chrissie Hynde and UB40, I realized how you’ve been lifting me whenever I’m down and when I’m sad, you’ve been my favourite clown. 

 Mojirola Tortema

This appreciation letter is to remind us of the fact that it is important to appreciate the one we love. Many times we get so busy and carried away doing other things but celebrating and appreciating our spouses. This should change. We all need to learn to celebrate and appreciate those we love not just on their birthdays or anniversaries. Everyday, the one you love deserves to be appreciated and celebrated.

OneLove,

SomzyBrown.

No comments:

Post a Comment