Tuesday 23 April 2019

ACTUAL NEEDS vs. ANALYSED NEEDS




Tayo: Guy howfar na? How things dey go? Longest time o. You no see me, you know ask after me. Na wa for you o. 
Gbenga: My guy, I just dey like Dele o. Abeg no vex, this family life get plenty responsibilities. How your side na? Hope sey everything dey okay?
Tayo: Wetin man fit do na? I dey try but make I no lie you, na God dey help me o.
Gbenga: God will keep helping all of us. That reminds me, you once told me about this lady that you wanted to get married to but you haven't said anything about her in recent times. Hope everything is okay between you both?
Tayo: My guy, everything is okay but I am beginning to reconsider whether or not to go ahead to propose cos the moment you propose like this, no turning back o.
Gbenga: Lol. So why are you reconsidering? How did you move from being very sure that you want to spend the rest of your life with someone to not being sure? Or are you scared?
Tayo: I don't know o Gbenga. I don't think I am scared of taking this bold step but I just don't seem to be able to please this lady and it is giving me serious concerns. She complains about everything and it is tiring. I send money to her, buy gifts for her etc. But she still complains about one thing or the other. I don't want a woman that would be complaining every single time when I am married o. I cherish peace like nothing else and if being single would give me that peace then I will rather stay single. Let's forget about me joor, I will be fine. How's married life treating you?
Gbenga: My dear, we are marrying the marriage o. (Smiles). I am unlearning and relearning a lot of things but we are taking it one step at a time. If I must be sincere, it's not been very easy but God has been faithful. 
About your babe Tayo, have you tried listening to her complaints and seeing how you can change things if you need to?  Instead of just thinking that she likes to complain, you should listen to her. Most times when ladies complain about something repeatedly, they are simply trying to pass across a message that we might have turned blind eyes to. Also, it might be that you are focusing on the wrong things and forsaking what she really needs or what really matters to her. 
Tayo: Guy you don't know this lady and you're already taking sides with her...
Gbenga: No I am not taking sides with her o. Its just that I have been in your shoes before and mine might have been worse than yours. When we just got married, I thought my wife appreciated me helping her out with whatever she had to do (like house chores or even her official work) and so I spent a lot of time doing that. But I later discovered that buying gifts and being around her were more important to her than helping her out with chores or work. Sometimes it might just be that you need to channel your energy in the direction that your spouse needs and not what you think she needs.

This brings us to a topic that I've been anxiously waiting to write on. I guess many of us have read the book titled "The Five Love Languages" for singles or married. However, I know there are some others who only know about the five love languages and so I will be touching on each of them for the next five weeks. I think it would be an interesting one so please ride with me and you can share the link with your friends and loved ones as well. 

Thank you so much for stopping by and we hope to see you next week.

OneLove,

SomzyBrown.

No comments:

Post a Comment