Tuesday 12 March 2019

HE DECIDED TO BREAK UP WITH ME 2


(While eating, Dara reminds Bimpe about sharing her own story)

Dara: Bimpe you were about to...

(Bimpe interrupts)

Bimpe: Yes, so I was going to tell you about my own experience. I was in a similar situation as you with this guy that I thought I was going to get married to. He asked for the same thing even though we both agreed on the fact that it was wrong and a sin against God. I went to his house once in a while but everytime I went, this issue came up. We loved each other so much and we had become pretty close. To cut the long story short, one day I went to his house and we decided to watch a movie. While the movie was going on, I could feel his hands on certain parts of my body. I tried to pretend that nothing was happening but I couldn't do it for long. I stopped him and asked for the meaning of all of that rubbish. He apologised and we continued with the movie. Few minutes after the apology, the same thing happened. He made me feel that there was nothing wrong and said "at least we are not doing the main one". I knew it was wrong but I found it hard to say no at this point. His justification had registered in my head and I allowed it continue. Before I knew it, things had gotten really intense and the 'Not so main one' led to the 'main one'. Now, I don't blame him because I could have stood my ground but I failed to. My self-control at that point had dropped. Although this is one decision that I regret so badly, I have made the decision not to ever engage in such until I am married. Its not been very easy but God has helped me thus far. Everytime I think about it, I really wish I had said no.
Dara: Awww I can imagine. At least you've made the decision not to allow it happen again so put what happened behind you. We all make mistakes but we must be willing to refrain from making them over and over again which is what you are doing. God will give us the grace to stand strong.
Bimpe: Amen. So you see why I am proud of you? We were both in similar situations but your strong decision to say NO and to FLEE set you free.
Dara: Aww thanks Bimpe. You've gone past this, so let it go. Thanks a lot for your kind words and thanks for being there to listen to me always. I love you so much.
Bimpe: I love you more darling.

(They both hug each other)

Pre-marital sex has become a common topic especially in this day and age and many people have different views about it. The first thing I would like to state is that this write-up is not to judge or condemn anyone but to establish the fact that fornication is a sin and we are expected to run away from it. God tells us to abstain from any form/appearance of evil (See 1 Thes 5:22). In Hebs 13:4 we are also told that marriage is holy, the bed undefiled. 
There are a lot of temptations now adays but it is the same temptation that has been from time immemorial although maybe not as pronounced as it is now. If you've not had sex with anyone, please hold on to that. Do not lose it for any reason whatsoever. You have done well so far, don't give up. IT IS WORTH THE WAIT. God's grace is sufficient for you. 
If you've had sex before, you are also alright as long as 1. You recognise it is a sin 2. You've asked God to forgive you of that sin and 3. You have decided (and you're making conscious efforts) not to engage in it anymore.
We all make mistakes, albeit different mistakes. However, we cannot afford to continue in sin and say that grace should abound.
This is a call to both guys and ladies that we can abstain from pre-marital sex. Many times, men do not think that abstaining from pre-marital sex applies to them and I think this is due to the fact that when anything goes wrong, it is more obvious on the woman than it is on the man. This instruction is for both men and women, ladies and guys. We can do this by God's grace but let us also be deliberate. Self-control is key in this journey of life. God loves us all and I love us too.
 IT'S NOT EASY BUT IT IS WORTH IT!!!!

Thank you so much for stopping by.

OneLove,

SomzyBrown


No comments:

Post a Comment