Tuesday 17 July 2018

YOU ARE NOT MARRIED UNTIL YOU ARE!!


Attending weddings or rather being invited to weddings in Lagos happens more frequently than you drink water and so weekend after weekend, I found myself attending one wedding of a friend or of a family friend and that still goes on till date. My friends have been going on about hooking me up with someone but I had always warned them not to try it.

One evening, while trying to rest from the stress of Lagos, I got a call from Tolu inviting me to her wedding which was coming up in about a month's time. I thought the invite was all she had to tell me but she went on to say that she wanted me to help her do some running around with one of her husband's friend, Caleb. I had a feeling that this was a set up but I agreed to help Tolu out. Tolu was the kind of friend who did not like to stress people and so this request coming from her was something I did not want to decline.

Caleb was a cool guy and he tried to make me talk all through our activities but I was  as quiet as you can imagine all through. My thought was "let us do what we need to do and be done already!". At the wedding, he always wanted to be around me and I was not 'understanding this move'. The fact that we did something together for the couple was not a licence to be 'famzing' me or was it? Well, I did not think it was. 

To cut the long story short, I allowed Caleb become my friend and I realised that I enjoyed sharing ideas and talking about my life with him. He was the kind of guy that I liked and he was fun to be with. Yeah, he was. Caleb and I started dating one year after we met at Tolu's wedding. He is a good guy and although he is quite a weird being, we grew fond of each other. Our romantic ever green relationship made everyone love us. He was the most caring person I had ever dated and for every single time I thought about him, I had no regrets that I said yes to him.

We got so close that visiting his house soon become a norm and none of us had anything to hide from each other. We had gotten used to each other and we shared a lot. One day, while we were having a conversation, Caleb asked me to cook for both us as we had not had lunch. This was not really an issue but I had never done it for anyone. I got up after deciding to do it and I made rice, chicken stew and plantain. Personally, cooking is my thing and I do not find it difficult to fix any kind of food but doing this for a guy was not my thing if I am being honest. It was the first time he was asking and I knew this was not going to happen frequently so I decided not to be 'unnice'.

Caleb made cooking for him seem special and with his soothing and romantic words, I had a good feeling doing this for him. Caleb began to frequently request that I cook for him and this was what I was trying to avoid. Sometimes, I was stubborn about it because I did not want him to get used to it but other times I thought to myself "does it really matter that I cook for him? He is a good man and I think he deserves it so why not". It happened that I cooked for Caleb every time I went to his house and on days when I failed to go to his house, I cooked in my house and took it to him. The truth is that cooking for Caleb had become a reoccurring act and strangely I seemed to be enjoying it.

To be continued...

Thank you so much for stopping by. We hope to see you next week.

OneLove, 

SomzyBrown 



2 comments:

  1. Hmm. Madam cook. This cannot end well

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha what makes you think So? Let's wait and see though.

      Delete