Tuesday 24 July 2018

YOU ARE NOT MARRIED UNTIL YOU ARE!! 2




As Caleb and I grew in our relationship, I began to get very comfortable with him that I did not realise how deeply engaged I had become in carrying out domestic activities in his house. It had become so normal that he did not need to make a request before I 'carried myself' to do these things for him. I went from washing his clothes to sweeping, mopping and cleaning his house. Cleaning his house and doing other stuff soon became something that I enjoyed doing. It is funny how I had soon became a 'wife' that was not a wife in the real sense of it. 

If the truth be told, I have never believed in a lady doing things for a guy (i.e. things that only married women should do for their husbands). I had been in 3 relationships before Caleb and I made a promise to myself to never get involved in domestic chores for any guy until I was married to him. I don't know how this happened with Caleb but I know that I had gotten used to it and I found it extremely difficult to stop. Every time I did something of such nature, I told myself "this would be the last time it will happen" but it never stopped. The truth is that when you start doing things like this, it never stops at that. You tend to graduate from one level to another and that's the situation I found myself in or maybe I wasn't disciplined enough.

We were 2 (two) years into our relationship and we both knew what we wanted. Caleb had said that he intended to spend the rest of his life with me and wanted me to do the same. He made a promise to get married to me and later on proposed with a beautiful ring. This was a lovely moment as he invited all his friends and my friends to grace the event. I was excited and grateful that I was soon going to spend the rest of my life with someone that I had grown to love, cherish and adore.  Becoming more confident about this, there was a massive increase in the amount of things I did for him. I went all out to make him happy and sometimes spent the night at his place just to make it easy to perform these duties that I had put upon myself. "After all, I was soon going to get married to him" I thought to myself. 

Caleb had introduced me to his siblings and his parents and I had soon become a part of their amazing family. I went for events with them (which was okay, I think) but these activities also extended to his family and even his sister. One day, while trying to prepare to go out, I got a call from Caleb's sister "...please I need you to come help me with my kids, my househelp travelled and its really difficult for me...". This was the first time she was asking for such a favour and so as the good girl that I am, I went to help her 'stay' with her kids. On getting to the house, I could perceive that I was there for something more than just staying with the kids. After a few hours, she asked me to help with the dishes and it moved to washing their clothes, cleaning the house etc. I was not happy about this but I did it anyway. 

Caleb's sister requesting for my 'assistance' did not happen once but happened a few more times and I had indeed become a wife that was not a wife even to his family. I felt really terrible  with myself because I was sure that Caleb must have hinted her about my ability to do these things. I had to do some checks on myself because I knew that I was not acting right but after each check, I still found myself doing the same thing.

I said earlier that at this time Caleb had already proposed to me right? He had put a ring on my finger and so this had validated it right? However, a proposal is not and will never be the marriage in itself and I should not have taken such risk.  Surprisingly but not so surprisingly, Caleb called me one day and said he wanted to discuss something with me. I got really scared "Was he going to break up with me? Had I done something wrong? What exactly does he want to discuss with me?"

To be continued...

Thanks for stopping by, we hope to see you next week.

OneLove,

SomzyBrown

No comments:

Post a Comment