Tuesday 7 December 2021

I THOUGHT I COULD FIX IT...

 



Seek help! Seek help! Be a receiver of help. 


How often do you say to yourself- "I've got this figured out"; "I'll be fine"; "I'll fix this"...

While it is true that you can fix somethings and while it is true that you indeed will be fine, you cannot fix everything by yourself.

I once wrote about the need of a mentor in one's life and this is key because sometimes you need to talk to people that have gone ahead of you but also ensuring that they are right for you and have the same mindset or belief or values as you do.

What happens if you don't have a Mentor? There must be someone in your corner or space that you can talk to. It could be a sibling, distant relative, senior friend, close friend, aunty, uncle, colleague etc.

Many people suffer from the "I'll be fine " syndrome because they bottle a lot in and do not end up being fine. I've been here a few times and I know it's terrible and uncalled for. It's not worth it. Many times I have conversations with God about how I feel but other times, I need to talk to someone physically.

I am here to encourage you to seek help!

There was a time in my life that I went through something that almost broke me and almost made me lose my self-worth. I couldn't even believe that this was happening to me. I couldn't really talk about this to anyone because I felt so ashamed to open my mouth to say that I was going through that stuff. But guess what? I finally opened up to few people. Things didn't turn around immediately but I felt light after having these conversations with some people I respect. Not all of that issue is resolved but I'm in a better place.

To be honest, this is something I struggled with for a long time. I don't like to ask for help not because I am proud but majorly because I hate to bother people with my issues. Many times, we cannot sort out our issues ourselves and we need to be willing to admit this and seek help. However, this help must be sought from the right people. Be sure that you can trust this person you want to pour your heart out to.

Even the Bible encourages us to seek and we shall find. If you're struggling with anything at all, do not hesitate to ask for help. The fact that your mum, dad, aunt, uncle or close friends appear to be able to handle things doesn't mean you should put yourself under pressure.

Get all the help you can afford to get, you will feel better if you do!!!!!!

Thanks for stopping by.

OneLove,

SomzyBrown.







1 comment:

  1. Thanks for this, Sis. God bless your consistent ministry.

    ReplyDelete