Tuesday 21 September 2021

FINALLY SOME GOOD NEWS...





I was really worried about Sandra and the fact that I was the reason she was frustrated was enough frustration for me. I thought deeply about what to do and then decided to talk to my mum. I mean she was the only one I could think of at that time.

My mother is a prayer warrior so I pleaded with her to pray to her God to touch the hearts of Sandra's parents. There are other beautiful ladies but you can't get married to just 'anyone'. Infact some of my friends had told me about their own experiences and rejection from their to be in-laws and how they had to move on with their lives but I didn't care. I had made the choice on who I wanted to get married to and I was not going to change my mind because of something like this.

My mother called for a 7 day prayer and fasting (she could be extra sometimes) and despite the fact that I love food so much, this was an important issue so I took it seriously. My siblings also joined in this prayer and fasting and it was a refreshing time. Two days after we ended the prayer and fasting, Sandra called me just before close of business and said she had something to tell me but that we had to see physically. I wasn't sure whether to be excited or not but I believed that God had answered the prayers of my mum, my siblings and I so I had faith that it was good news. 

There were no prior plans to pick her up from work that day but guess what? Your guy added it to the plan straightaway. She looked a lot better and somewhat excited so this gave me some hope as well. I couldn't wait so I asked her what the information was and she said that her parents had asked for me to come see them. Whao! I was ecstatic. I told her we would go during the weekend.  I bought a lot of fruits and vegetables and took a lot of money along to appease my soon to be in-laws. I was hopeful!

The journey to the village was long but finally we arrived in good condition even though I was knackered. I ensured I was on my best behavior and I was ready to answer any questions they threw at me. From the look of things, Sandra's mum was a bit excited but the look on her father's face was not encouraging at all. It was good enough that they had asked for me to come so I tried to remain positive.

To be continued...

OneLove,

SomzyBrown



No comments:

Post a Comment