Tuesday 14 July 2020

MARRIAGE WAS ON MY MIND REGARDLESS...3




If anyone had told me that I would be found in bed with Ifeanyi, I would have denied it completely. I don't even know how we got this far.  But what was I thinking? What came over me? How did I let things get this far? Now, let me clearly state that I do not blame Ifeanyi for this. No! I am not one of such people who would blame others for their actions even when they had a part in it. I guess my actions gave room for that to happen. I am just grateful that the one thing I had held on to for long wasn't taken away from me.

Being attracted to Ifeanyi was good for the relationship because they say it's good to remain attracted to who you're in a relationship with or married to. But was it healthy for me to  remain attracted to him even after all the signs? Was I supposed to bring my relationship with Ifeanyi to an end because of what happened? Well, I wasn't ready to let go. I still had it in mind to get married to him regardles of the signs. My mum's opinion did not matter and what I felt in my inner heart wasn't to be taken seriously. I was just going to put measures in place to ensure that nothing close to what happened, happens again. 

Few weeks later, I was scrolling through my Instagram page when I saw a video that made me question why on earth I was in a relationship with Ifeanyi. The video showed someone fighting at a club. I had judged the person completely when I realised that it could be anyone close to me. Ifeanyi had a club lifestyle but he was never going to get into a fight right? He drinks and smokes but that does not mean that he would treat me like my dad treated my mum right? I am a Christian and a strong one at that but it doesn't matter that Ifeanyi is not right? He drinks and I do not! He smokes and I detest smoking! I am even allergic to cigarette or weed. He goes to club a lot but I have never been and I do not see myself going to the club! I love to go to Church, I am even a worker but Ifeanyi would not and cannot even remember when last he visited a church.

So really why am I dating someone that is not compatible with me???

These thoughts and questions kept ringing in my head and I could not find an answer to them. My mum knew what she was saying but I was blinded by love so I ignored her. Ifeanyi and I have had numerous clashes and majority of them have been centred around his lifestyle. This video came up on my instagram page for a reason, it was high time I spoke some sense into my head.

Ifeanyi and I are not compatible even though I downplay this a lot. Majority of his beliefs are against mine and mine against his. There's really no point getting married to someone that I am not compatible with. I had previously consoled myself by saying that marriage would change Ifeanyi to the man I want him to be but really marriage does not change anyone. Whatever change we want has to be before marriage and even before a relationship.

I know there are many people like me out there but please do not make the mistake I made. I ignored all the signs not because I was pressured but because I just thought things could work out regardless. How can two work together if they are not on the same or similar page? It's very impossible because they will clash on many fronts.

It took a video and making some mistakes to realise this but please learn from my experience - It is highly important to get into a relationship and get married to someone of like mind. This doesn't mean that there won't be issues but it would be minimal compared to being with someone that doesn't suit you. Watch out for the signs, ignore none!

I hope you've learnt a thing or two. Thank you so much for stopping by. God bless you and have a fabulous week.

OneLove,

SomzyBrown.

No comments:

Post a Comment