Tuesday 24 December 2019

DON'T GIVE UP...STAY STRONG



Tunde: (picks a call from his mum) Mummy good evening ma. I'm not sure I will be coming home for Christmas but hopefully before the end of the year I'll come around ma...

Dayo: Guy, I thought you said you will go home for Christmas, why have you suddenly changed your mind?

Tunde: Bro, it is not a sudden change of mind o. I really want to go home for Christmas but I've been thinking of the events that might take place. My siblings will be around with their spouses and children and I'm so sure that I will not escape the private talk with my mum on when I am bringing her a wife and giving her grandchildren. My other siblings have given her grandchildren but she is not satisfied until I give her mine. We've had this discussion almost every year for the past 5 years and I just need a break from that.

Dayo: I totally understand you Tunde. Many of my friends and colleagues got married this year. I am even part of the groom's men for one of my friends whose wedding is coming up on the 29th of this month. I remember him saying "this year won't pass me by..." and it didn't. But for me, I had hope at the beginning of the year that this year would be my year but Biola messed up so we're back to square one. My mum and Dad have also been on my case but then I can only keep hoping that I will find the right woman and at the right time.

Tunde: It is well Bro, God will do it in His own way and at his own time but really nobody should put us under any pressure.

Some of us might have a similar situation to that of Tunde and as a result might be scared to go home for the festive season because of the numerous questions on when you will get married. This write-up is to encourage you not to be discouraged or disheartened. You might have had plans and hoped like Dayo that you will get married this year but please this is not enough to make you give up on those dreams and desires of yours. Yes, it might not have come to pass but there are still seven (7) days left for God to turn your situation around. If nothing happens within the 7 days we have left till the end of this year, do not give up still. We also write to encourage you to follow God and live in accordance with His ways because He cares for you, yes YOU! And there is HOPE in Him.

We wish you a merry Christmas and a happy new year in advance. We hope to see you in the new year. God bless you real good and may He grant your heart desires according to His will in Jesus name, amen.

OneLove,

SomzyBrown.


No comments:

Post a Comment