Tuesday 3 September 2019

WHO SHOULD TAKE CARE OF YOU?






I came across this write-up by the amazing Mrs Debola Deji-Kurunmi and I was blessed by it so I thought to myself "why not share it with your readers? It will be very useful and insightful". I followed my heart and that is why I am sharing the below with you. The topic was slightly changed but the message is the same. Enjoy your read!



Years ago, when I was in the University; a young man asked me out and wanted to get into a relationship with me. I really liked him though I was just 17 and knew better than to start a relationship at that time. But this guy basically got himself an apartment in my heart! I couldn't stop thinking about him, and I think one of the things that stood him out was this - he said to me "I am not here to take advantage of you Debola. I want to take care of you. I want to help you reach your highest potential on this campus. I want to support you and love you!" Omo, see lireeks!!! (I made up that spelling, don't look at any Dictionary).
I was blown away, because it is in human nature to be drawn to those who commit to us, those who care for us, those who watch out for us, those who nurture us! This is an underlying definer for many women, in making marriage choices, plus it has gotten others into trouble, falling in love with a man just because he was showing a lot of compassion and concern.
Hopefully, as you read tonight; your mind happily strays to people in your life who genuinely care for you! Shout out to many women who get pass my roles and titles; and step into School Mummy shoes with me. "DDK, have you eaten? What are you doing awake at 2.40am? You look tired in that video, chill off girl!" Or like Sarah Adewusi yesterday "DDK, I am sending moimoi to you, please take note." Lol!!! Now, I consider a freezer full of moimoi, the height of earthly love. Hahahahaha...
But hey, let's get past all these amazing people who care for us, for a moment. Or even those who don't. Let's shift the focus on ourselves. Do you know you actually owe yourself love, admiration, respect, and commitment to growth? You do! You're going to live the longest with yourself. You are your private haven, the closest human voice in your heart. You are the longest-standing witness of your life - a journey dating from birth till now. 

We will continue with the remaining part of this write-up next week by God's grace and we will partake in the test that Mrs. Deji-Kurunmi has adviced we partake in. Until then, stay blessed and please TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF.

OneLove,

SomzyBrown

No comments:

Post a Comment