Tuesday 17 September 2019

I JUST MISSED MY TARGET!




Tope Makinde: Aderinola! Aderinola! Aderinola! How many times have I called you?

Aderinola: (Remains silent as she does not know what to say to her mum). 

Tope Makinde: What is your problem? What exactly is wrong with you? You did not go to work yesterday and I didn't say anything. You have refused to go today as well and you're not saying what the matter is.

Aderinola: Mummy there's nothing wrong. 

Tope Makinde: So you just don't feel like going to work, is that what you're trying to tell me? 

Aderinola: Mummy I just need time to rest!

Tope Makinde: Rest? Rest! Okay but it is only if I am not your mother that I would not know that this kind of rest is not normal. You have also refused to eat. Please! Don't kill yourself o!

Tope Makinde: How is Segun? Does he know that you are taking time off to 'rest'?

Aderinola: (muttering to herself). As if he is not the cause of this problem.

Tope Makinde: What did you say? 

Aderinola: Nothing mummy. He knows that I am taking time off work. Mum if you don't mind, can I just be left alone?

Tope Makinde: I will leave you alone but only on the condition that you will tell me what the problem is this night. I cannot allow you stay another day in this house without knowing what the problem is. 

(Tope Makinde leaves her daughter's room and goes straight to her husband)

Tope Makinde: Darling, the apple of your eyes is not acting okay. She has been absent from work for two days now and she's telling me she just wants to rest. 

Dare Makinde: Well if she says she needs to rest then maybe she just wants to rest from all the stress of work. She is allowed to do that, isn't she? At least you're always the one encouraging her not to kill herself because of work.

Tope Makinde: I know that rest is good and I am am advocate for rest but this rest does not seem normal to me. Please I know that she will most likely tell you what the problem is so just ask her when you're free.

Dare Makinde: Okay, I'll do that my dear. But if you're worried that something is wrong, let us say a word of prayer for her.

(Parents hold hands together and spend some minutes praying for their daughter).

(Later that evening, Dare Makinde decides to check up on his daughter and finds her crying)

Dare Makinde: My baby, the apple of my eyes...what is the matter? Why are you crying? (He moves close to her and gives her a warm hug)

Aderinola: (Crying on his shoulders, she did not know when she screamed) Daddy I had a target! I had a target! But now I have missed it!

Dare Makinde: Target? So why don't you explain to them at work and ask for more time? 

Aderinola: That's the problem. It is not a work related target.

Dare Makinde: So what kind of target is it?

Aderinola: It is the target I set for myself to...

To be continued.

Thanks a lot for stopping by and we look forward to seeing you next week.

OneLove,

SomzyBrown.

No comments:

Post a Comment