Monday 18 December 2017

WE WERE SO IN LOVE ...

200154460-002



My relationship with Folarin started 6 years ago. Oh my goodness! He was actually the best thing that had happened to me. We were friends for about 2 years and so altogether we spent 8 years with each other. Things were pretty cool between us and we were so excited about our relationship that our excitement even made other people happy. Folarin was (and still is) very cool headed, he is lovely, sweet and kind-hearted. Oh my goodness, he is such a gentle man and sometimes he over does it. Although he had told me several times that I am very kind-hearted and sweet, I could not compare myself to him because he is just the definition of a perfect man (at least in my opinion).

Although he had not done the nowadays getting on his knees with a ring to ask me to marry him (you understand all those things that happen now yeah?), we both had an understanding that we were going to get married. He had told me times without number of how different I was and how that he saw me as his wife. I really did not understand why he said this but then he did say it a lot of times and I believed him. Sometimes I wondered if he said the same thing to other ladies (you know men and their sweet mouth) but then I came to a conclusion in my heart that he really cherished me and wanted me to be in his life forever.

I loved Folarin so much and he obviously loved me as well. We prayed and fasted together and our relationship was in no doubt, one made in heaven. He encouraged me whenever I was going through a hard time and I loved him for this and many more. Sometimes he would say to me “Ololufe mi, I love you so much and I want to love you forever”. This definitely made  me happy and there was certainly no reason to doubt his love for me.

Folarin had met my parents a few times and had taken the bold step to tell my father that he really loved me when my dad asked about what was between us. I had met Folarin’s parents and they loved me, especially his mum. He had complained about how strict and firm his mum was but the love I got from her was definitely a sign that she was willing to ‘soon’ accept me as her daughter-in-law.

We were not getting any younger and although we had met each other’s parents and knew what we wanted, nothing more was happening. I knew Folarin loved me so much and wanted to get married to me but he was not really saying it. His actions and expressions were signs that he wanted to spend the rest of his life with me but then if he was not saying it with his mouth, was it right for me to infer and assume? I did not want to be forward but I also wanted to be sure that we were on the same page and so I decided to bring it up.

Bringing up this issue is one that I will forever regret. The reaction I got from Folarin is one that made me question the love we shared and especially the love and kindness he had shown to me. He scolded and shouted at me in a way that no one had ever done before. “What did I say or do wrong?” “Was I too forward?” “Was it wrong for me to ask a question that determined a lot about our lives?” “Maybe I should just have kept mute and waited for things to unfold”. I really wanted to know what was happening but Folarin certainly was not ready to talk.

To be continued...

Thank you so much for stopping by and we hope to have you here next week.

OneLove,
SomzyBrown

2 comments:

  1. Lovely,looking forward to the next episode,a senior colleague broke up because of this issue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh whao. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment Emmanuel. I really appreciate this.

      Delete