Tuesday 26 June 2018

YOU WERE SLIM WHEN I MARRIED YOU!!!!!

20180626_090536
Rachael: (Puts a call across) My love, please I will like to have a conversation with you when you get home.

Gabriel: Okay, what is this about?

Rachael: I will talk to you when you get home. Have a lovely day at work and remember that I love you so much.

Gabriel: Love you too.

(Gabriel  returns from work)

Gabriel: So what is this that you want to discuss?

Rachael: (Pretending not to have heard what Gabriel said) Welcome back darling. Dinner is set.

Gabriel: Rachael I really do not have time for all these jokes. You said you wanted to talk to me about something when I got home. Now, I am home and you are not willing to say anything.

Rachael: I will talk to you about it Gabriel but I want you to have dinner first.

Gabriel: I am not interested in eating. Say what you want to say, I have other important things to attend to.

Rachael:  GA---BR-I--EL-L-L-L!!!!!!! What's going on with us? Why do you keep treating me this way? What exactly have I done to you? We used to be close but now you seem to be more far away than the east is from the west.

Gabriel: Don't be funny Rachael. You have not done anything to me and I have not changed towards you. I loved you before I got married to you and I still love you.

Rachael: What is love if the other person is unaware? What is love if it is not felt by the one you claim to love? You say you love me but you rarely  talk to me. All you do when you get home is continue from where you stopped at work!

Gabriel: I have told you - I love you and that is all that matters.

Rachael: But Gabriel you can't say that! You made a promise to love, care and take good care of me forever. This has changed! You claim to do all of this but you really do not. I agree that in the first two years of our marriage you showed me love and affection but all that seems to be gone. We used to get admired by a lot of people because of the relationship we had but now we rarely spend time together or communicate properly.

Gabriel: What else do you want from me? I provide all you need, you are living in a comfortable house, our kids go to one of the best schools in town. So what else do you want?

Rachael: Exactly my point, Gabriel. That's my exact point. Yes you provide for our needs and we appreciate you for that but is provision equal to love? You make the money available but you do not spend time with us. Your children and I need you, we don’t just need the money.

Gabriel: (Keeps quiet and concentrates on his phone)

Rachael: When last did you touch me or give me a hug? When last did you say nice things to me? When last did you even have sex with me, Gabriel? You feel you are near because of all you provide but you are so far away. I need the man I got married to 5 years ago back! I need the man who cared about everything that concerned me! I need the man who always looked forward to talking to me about everything going on in his world. This is not the man I married. I need you back Gabriel.

(Rachael begins to shed tears and sobs quietly)

Gabriel: (tries to move close to Rachael) I recognise that I have been distant and I really apologise for my distance but you also changed Rachael. When I married you, you were slim but now... I didn't know how to tell you but this affected the way I saw and treated you.
(Looking into the eyes of the wife of his youth, poured out his heart)

Gabriel: You also started paying more attention to our kids than you did to me. I mean it is good to love your kids and I love them too but I felt abandoned by you. I wanted to speak to you about it but I did not want to hurt you.

Rachael: In trying not to hurt me, you seriously got me hurt and injured. If you had spoken to me about it, I would have done something about it but you gave me the impression that I was good the way I was. I also did not want to be big but giving birth to Sharon and David caused this. I had to be there for our kids and I wanted us to both take care of them but you all of a sudden became too busy and so I had to do it all by myself.

Gabriel: I knew you could not remain the same way after giving birth to our kids but then… I am sorry Rachael. I really should have spoken to you about this. I am also Sharon and David’s father so I should have paid attention to you all. I really apologise and I hope we can make things better between us.

Rachael: I am sorry for making you feel abandoned. I will also work on my weight and try to get back in shape but hope you know that I cannot be as slim as I was when we got married?

Gabriel: (Smiling gently) I know that and I am ready and willing to help you with this.

Rachael: Moving forward, we need to communicate, we need to go out together as one family. We need to be in love once again.

OneLove,

SomzyBrown

1 comment: