Tuesday 19 June 2018

Stop Being Old School 2

20170328_082453
 
Seun waited for 2 more years of friendship and decided to make Tola know how much he loved her. He was unsure as to what her response would be but he was willing to give it a try. In actual fact, he was tired of suppressing his feelings.  In a solemn but assuring manner, he spoke to her. "Tola, you are an amazing person and I am blessed to have you as a friend. You've taught me a lot with your words and I have learnt a lot even from your unspoken words. I have thought deeply about this and I will like us to take this friendship beyond what it is currently...I want to be in a relationship with you".  While Seun was saying this, nervousness and uncertainty hit his head but he tried to remain calm. "Was she going to carry out her threat and stop being his friend?" He wondered.
 
 
Tola looked at Seun and although she was not going to be mean to him for expressing himself, her answer was not one that would make him happy. "Seun, I appreciate you for expressing yourself but I need to pray about this. I understand that we have been close friends for a long time but it does not mean that a relationship must come out of this. I need to be sure that this is the right thing to do. So you will need to give me time". Seun ruminating over whether or not to say anything to her or to express his shock responded by saying  "It's alright Tola. I hope to hear from you soon".
 
Seun went back to his room thinking deeply about the response Tola had given. He could not believe that she said she had to pray about whether or not to say yes to him. "I mean we are both Christians but who does that in this time and age. I agree that in 'those days', they had to pray and some even took an extra step to fast but in this present age, I do not see why it is necessary to do that. This is definitely an old school idea and I am not ready for all these unnecessary delays.
 
As earlier said, many girls were interested in Seun and although he knew that who he wanted to be with was Tola, her comment on prayer was really annoying. He really wanted to be with Tola but the whole prayer thing just made relationship more serious than it should be. "I don't think I have the time and patience to wait for her to finish praying and then maybe come back to me to give a 'No' answer.
 
Although Seun is a Christian and believes in God, he just has never gotten the idea of praying and seeking God's face on who to be in a relationship with or get married to. Tola on the other hand believes that relationships are a very important part of her life and she should not just be with any body because she thinks they are good looking. She believes that you need to ask God about whether or not to go ahead because God knows way more than anyone knows and he knows the heart of everyone.

 
So the question is this: is praying about who to be in a relationship with or who to get married to, an old school idea?
 
Thank you so much for stopping by, please drop your comments and let us know your thoughts on this. 
 
OneLove,
 
SomzyBrown

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you OBJ. Prayer is just one aspect in choosing who to be in a relationship with. Compatibility is one, attraction is another. God help us to make the right choices by His grace.
    Thank you so much for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete