Monday 25 September 2017

Marriage is Sweet when You're with the Right Person




I had the opportunity of speaking with a close friend (my sister from day one) who got married about a year ago. I love marriage and relationship talks (Obviously, that’s why I write about them) so I was eager to know about how her marriage had been in the past one year.

Just a little story about this beautiful couple:

A beautiful lady (just take a look at the picture) was noticed by a guy during her first year at University – Lagos State University (LASU). The guy who really wanted to be a friend with this beautiful lady but did not know how to go about it, thought of the best possible way and came up with an idea. He decided to ask  her for past questions – hmm are you learning guys? (lol, it might not work for you that way o so please be wise). According to her “I really liked his charisma but I did not show it. I later discovered that he liked me and was just using Past Question as cover-up”. They became friends and remained friends for a year plus and became fond of each other. One thing led to another and she says “we started courting thereafter". They both knew where they were going and what they wanted and so they worked hard at it and with the help of God, they were able to scale through.

Fast forward to last year

I got a call from my sister (we grew up together) asking if I was going to be around in September. “What could be happening?” I thought. “Yes, I will be around” I responded. “Okay, I want you to be part of my bridal train” she said to me. “Whao, yes that’s perfectly fine” I replied. I was not shocked but I was extremely excited about this wedding. They had been in that relationship for over seven years and now they were finally getting married – isn’t God too good? Yes he is! The thought of God’s faithfulness in their lives made me more excited.

Back to the discussion we had – I really wanted to know what married life had been for her for the past one year and how she was (if she was) enjoying it. She was willing to give the gist and so I immediately moved myself close to her. Remember I said I like relationship and marriage gist (smiles). By the way, they got married (traditionally) on my birthday - 30th of September and Church wedding was on the 1st of October. You see why I said she is “an almost one year old wife”.

“I wasn’t really ready to get married at the time I did. I wanted to enjoy myself and just be me but I am so glad that I made that choice of marriage. Marriage is sweet!!!” she said with so much joy. The question in my heart was “what could make this marriage so sweet?” The gist was becoming more interesting and so I quickly moved closer to her, I just wanted to enjoy the story (don’t blame me for that). “Marriage is sweet when you are married to the right person” she continued. “Every day, I look forward to going home to be with my husband because we always have stories and gist about how the day went and what went on at work.” By the way, they are both medical doctors (just thought I leak that little secret).

As if the wonderful remarks she had given was not enough, she went on to say “My husband is actually my best friend, he is the first person I talk to and the first person I want to talk to whenever I am happy or sad”. This seemed really interesting to me because I have looked forward to such good testimonies about marriage but not really found such in a while. Yes, you might be wondering “but they have just spent one year together!” It might just be a year, but it is a great testimony and I will tell you why. Some people have broken their marriages within the first 3 months of their marriage and some others have expressed that “marriage is not what they thought it to be” speaking in negative terms and so one year with a great testimony is a lot for me.

My dear sister had some more to say and I was more than willing to get it all from her, not just for myself but for you as well. So stay close, do not go anywhere because we shall continue this discussion next week. 
Thank you so much for stopping by. God bless you and have a great week.

OneLove,
SomzyBrown

No comments:

Post a Comment