Tuesday 19 September 2017

FIGHT YOUR FEARS AND TAKE THE STEP



Many of us have fears and we do not know how to overcome such fears. I have come to realise that you overcome your fear by actually fighting against what you are scared of. The question then is - How do you fight? In my own opinion, you fight your fears by confronting them. The first step is to agree that you have fears; recognise the fears and then fight them. It is important to note that whatever you are afraid of is not and will never be greater than you. People have gone through the same thing before and if they overcame their fears, you can surely overcome yours. This therefore means that you can overcome your fears because you are bigger than it. I will share an experience with you, it might be  funny but it has taught me a lot.

Her Beauty drives me crazy

Click here: https://wordpress.com/post/somzybrown.wordpress.com/2374

I had phobia for or let me say I was afraid of making a particular kind of food. I do not exactly love to cook but I do it when and if I have to. By the way, if you come to my house, I would not starve you (trust me!). Anyway back to the story - I learnt how to make this particular type of food about 7 years ago but since then I have found every possible means to run away from it. Why was I running away? I did not believe in the fact that I could make it and I did not want anyone to make jest of me whenever I made it. Although there was a time in which I lived alone and there was practically no one to laugh at me if it went wrong, I was still afraid to take this step. Whenever it was time to make this food or anything related to it, I stylishly ran away. To cut the long story short, I recently had to tell myself that running away from this, makes no sense. I therefore decided that I was going to make the food whenever the opportunity came. I pray before I cook, many times but this time I prayed hard because I was not just making the food for myself but for the whole house. I made it and everyone liked it! I was quite happy but I knew that there was still some more work to be done. I would have to continuously do this whether it turns out good or bad to finally be the best at it and overcome my fears.

The above 'personal' story of mine was shared just to encourage you. We all have one or two things that we are really afraid of doing. Either because you have shared it with some people and they have shown some sign of disbelieve in you or you are the problem (like me) because you do not believe in yourself. Your fear maybe driving. Please do not laugh at this because quite a number of people are scared of driving (especially in Lagos, Nigeria). While some of the people who are afraid have driven before and have had bad experiences, others have never driven but they are just too afraid to begin. There is no point running away from your fears because you will definitely have to face it someday. So why don't you fight it now that you are aware of it. People may laugh at you or make jest of you, but it really does not matter. You know where you are going and what you want to achieve and so the sooner you started fighting this fear, the better for you. Take that bold step now and let go of your fears!

OneLove,

SomzyBrown



No comments:

Post a Comment